Because we have a union contract, Culinary workers and Bartenders enjoy a great deal of job security. For example:
- Rights on the Job. Workers cannot be fired arbitrarily and can file a grievance if they think they've been disciplined or terminated unfairly. At Station Casinos, you are at the mercy of the company and can be fired at any time without any good reason.
- Guaranteed Work. For many classifications, most workers are guaranteed to get full-time work and full-time pay (typically 40 hours a week). They can be sent home early only if they agree. At Station Casinos, you can be scheduled for as little as one or two shifts a week and can even be sent home early at any time.
- Seniority. Workers with the most experience are the first in line when new and more lucrative openings are up for bids. At Station Casinos, you can lose your shift or a chance at a better shift to someone who has no experience but knows the manager, no matter how long you've worked for the company.
- Layoff and recall. When there is a layoff, workers with the most experience are laid off last and they are also called back to work first.
- Successorship. If your casino is sold to a new owner, the new owner has to buy your union contract and cannot simply fire all the existing workers.
- Guaranteed annual raises. Every contract lays out how much total compensation is to be increased every year for the duration of the contract (typically five years).
To find out how you can enjoy the same kind of job security in your property, contact us!